Journey through Tahiti`s deep valleys and thick rainforests on this guided 4×4 Jeep Safari. Your English-speaking driver will take you to the volcanic crater that originally formed Tahiti over a million years ago. You'll drive to Tahara'a "One Tree Hill" and witness a spectacular view of Matavai Bay. Captain James Cook sailed the "Endeavor" into Tahiti's Matavai Bay in 1769 and sighted a single tree with bright red-orange flowers growing on the promontory above the bay. Cook used the tree as a navigational landmark and named this reference point "One Tree Hill." Although the gnarled old tree has long since disappeared, the lookout provides impressive panoramic views of the island of Moorea, the Sea of Moons and the surrounding coral reefs and lagoons. You will take a short drive along the scenic coast to Papeno`o Valley (also known as Maroto Valley), the largest valley on the island, and explore lush landscapes and beautiful waterfalls at the island`s interior. The view of the surrounding mountain sides carved by centuries of erosion covered with rich thick multi-green rain forest will awe you. Enjoy the adventurous drive of crossing rivers with many photo stops of the numerous waterfalls and opportunities to swim, unless areas are muddy after a rain.
Many stops for photos of the numerous waterfalls.
English speaking driver/guide.
- Hours of Operation: Tour operates daily and departs in the morning or afternoon (either 9 am-1 pm or 1:30 pm – 5:3 0pm). Your pick-up time will be scheduled prior to the start of your designated tour time.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Redemption Information: Marama Tours will provide you with a voucher for this activity. Please present your voucher to the driver on the day of your tour.
- Hotel Pick-up Instructions: Please be at your assigned pick-up location at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
- Departure Location: This tour commences with pick-up at your Tahiti hotel.
- Departure Date: Reservations will be made for date selected at time of booking.
- Departure Time: Your pick-up time for this activity will be provided by Marama Tours.
- Return Location: You will be returned to your hotel.
- Inclusions: Half day 4×4 mountain safari with hotel pick-up and drop off.
- Dress Code: Comfortable clothing, swimsuit, towel and walking shoes
- Recommended Options: Bring along bug repellent and sunscreen